Tuesday, November 15
Kids, alcohol really does kill brain cells. Just look at Uncle George.
From 10.4.05

So let me get this straight. You're going to keep quite about being a liberal by shouting that you're a liberal as loud as you can. Yep. Don't let this happen to you. Stay in school, kids! Stay in school!!!


Clooney vows to keep quiet about politics Ocean's Eleven star George Clooney is urging his fellow Hollywood stars to keep quiet when it comes to politics, because he fears celebrity endorsements could wreck their favourite candidates' chances of victory.Democrat Clooney and a number of screen stars have recently come under attack for voicing their political views.And the actor, whose father Nick Clooney was recently defeated in his bid to be elected the congressional representative for Kentucky, has now vowed to be a lot more politically low-key.He says: "My father ran for congress last year. I couldn't campaign for him and I knew I couldn't, because I'd hurt him. They tried to get me to get on the John Kerry train and I said: 'We'll hurt him. They'll use us as 'liberal'.'
"Now, I would argue that (throughout) American history, it's pretty hard to find a time when liberals were on the wrong side of an issue. We thought that the conservative view was: 'Witches should be burned at the stake.' Moderate view was: 'Well, just in case,' and the liberal view was: 'There's no such thing as witches.'"We thought women should be able to vote and blacks should be allowed to sit at the front of the bus and Vietnam was wrong. We haven't really been on a lot of wrong sides for us to be sort of used as this bad word.
(Actually, this is patently absurd and untrue, but I guess you have go to college to learn the 'secret' knowledge that Abe Lincoln was a Republican, a Democrat interred the Japanese, and that Vietnam is a PARADISE since we left it.)"But we hurt candidates right now, so we can do fundraisers quietly and make some money. But I think it's dangerous to get up and talk about it."
(The candidates are hurting themselves. What you're hurting, dear celebrities, is your own careers. But I'm sure this year's massive box office slump had NOTHING to do with the 2004 elections. Nope, nothing at all.)
 
posted by Jessica at 5:22 PM | Permalink |