Friday, January 21
First Post
My family's getting sick of me ranting and raving to them, so I thought I'd do it here instead. Much simpler and a whole lot easier on the vocal chords. In a nutshell, I'm 23 years old, and I've turned into my grandmother. Women frequently worry about turning into their mothers, but this usually occurs closer to middle age. Being the neurotic writer that I am though, I've sped up the process by a decade or two and skipped a generation. Here is my confession: I've become a Dittohead. Yes, that's right: years of ranting about how ridiculous and wrong Limbaugh and all the other Republicans were, and the 2004 election turns me into one. Or, more accurately, back into one. I was raised a Texas Republican, but that was before the years at UCLA. If anything will turn someone liberal, it's living in Los Angeles. Well, that and being a female writer in love with the arts. Those aren't characteristics that scream "conservative" after all. But here I am. John F'n Kerry and the mainstream media orchestrated one too many partisan hit jobs for me not to notice. Being back in Texas also forced me to pull my head out of the movie theater long enough to realize what a big bright world there is out there. I've still got one eye on Hollywood. But now the other's on the Drudge Report.

I'm not writing this to start any sort of partisan bickering. All my best friends are flaming liberals, and quite frankly, I'm happy to agree to disagree. But I also feel us eeevvviiill conservatives oughtta stick together. I got me some stuff to say, and I only get one hour a week of therapy. And us crazy folk need way more time to vent than that.

 
posted by Jessica at 8:46 PM | Permalink |