Tuesday, January 31
Meltdown at the Democratic Underground

1. The Great Patriots of Massachusetts

The only politics was being played by Reid and the coward caucus who refused to stand up for our values. Anyone bashing Kerry must be grateful about the failure of cloture. Take it to FR where I have no doubt there's a party going on, celebrating all the spineless Dems who failed to vote for their alleged values.

(How did you guess?)

He deserves thanks for speaking out on the dangers if Alito. And for leading the courageous senators who attempted the filibuster. We have put the country on notice that we won't just lay down and play dead anymore.

(Sit! Stay! Heel!)

Ted gave an AWESOME speech on the floor today!

(That would be the one where he says Alito will kill children with asthma. Yep.)

Your post is Bullsh*t. Kerry acted out of his patriotism and concern for our country and it people. You apparently are picking up the right wing media take on this. Kerry is not at all like the media portrayed him. Please research and read about John Kerry. Don't just believe what you hear. The media doesn't understand terms like honor and principles, they had to come up with something to make the Dem's look bad and boost the repubs. Kerry risked a lot doing this and putting his reputation on the line. Dean supported his effort.

(With Dean and Kennedy at your side, how can you lose?)

once again. remember all youse that said you were gonna get kerry's back, no jumpin on the wagon, wink

and kennedy, listening to his last speech before speech. there was one part where i could just hear him thinking of his brothers, that lost their lives for our country, fighting discrimination. it just felt like his heart was hurting thinking of alito going in and tearing apart all his brothers had a hand in accomplishing all those years ago

(Mary Jo Kopechne could not be reached for comment.)

JesusChrist on a trailer hitch! The man opened himself up to ridicule again because it was the right thing to do ... win, lose, or draw! He saw a wrong and he tried to right it.

Keep your fucking money and your fucking support. I'll work hard enough for him for both of us. You can owe ME later.

Shit, when are WE going to learn to stop looking for hidden agenda's from our own party and those that stand up and speak out?

So, STFU already.

(Preach on, sista!)

Thanks to the fine Patriots of Massachusetts I SALUTE YOU!

Anything you ask, I will take your back. Thank you so much for standing up for me.

Senator Kennedy: Your fire and passion will stay with me. You were fantastic. Thank you for your service to our country.

Senator Kerry/PRESIDENT KERRY: Thank you sir, I know you are a man of honor. You are AMERICA'S SON. A Patriot. Thank you for standing up for me, for America.

(Yes, Paul Revere, Thomas Jefferson, John “Christmas in Cambodia” Kerry.)

Kennedy for President!!!

(Hahahahahahaha. Mary Jo Kopechne could not be reached for comment.)

2. All the Rest.

F*CK Lieberman...I hope he gets his pathetic loser ass handed to him in the primaries.

(And he voted against Alito)

Unfortunately, It seems American needs to reach the very bottom

Before, it wakes up out of its coma.

A supreme court nominee just isn't going to do it. Even, two stolen Presidential elections didn't do it. People ponder, just what will it take?

It will take this...

Economic collapse. A depression. Another war...And, that is coming. I think this nomination was far more about giving the President the ability to declare war powers by surpassing Congress then anybody realizes. He can now implement the next war without a Congressional authorization with no fear of judicial repercussions. Bombs away. But, where oh where, will they get the people?

Part one of the above paragraph. A depression (it is coming). The military will take the people who have no means to survive. People with no health insurance and no living wage.

When it affects them to the point that they are gasping for breath...

Then, you will a revolution. But, not until then...

(I am SOO joining an acting group just so I can perform this as a monologue. Dressed in all black and channeling Medea. Eve Ensler will discover me of course, and maybe, just maybe I can achieve my dream of performing in The Vagina Monologues with Bette Midler and Angelina Jolie. *fingers crossed* Thanks, Democratic Underground!)

I'm calling for political CIVIL WAR in the Democratic Party...

I say we get the 25 with guts together in a room with DNC chair Howard Dean, and all the base who can come, and we, before taking back our country, take back our damned party. If we keep electing Dems just to get a majority, and they keep voting like this, what's the damned point? Either they're with us or they're against us. Period.

THIS IS NOT SOME PHUCKING POLITICAL GAME WE'RE PLAYING HERE...FREEDOM IS ON THE LINE...IT'S WORTH FIGHTING FOR.

REVOLT! REVOLUTION! POLITICAL CIVIL WAR!

(Viva La Revolution!)

Let's make those cowards rue the day they...

took us for granted. They don't get our votes just because they have a damned (D) beside their name. It doesn't mean anything anymore. You're right...IT'S TIME!!!

The first shot has been fired...we either stand and fight, or fold the tents.

(*tear* That, ladies and gentlemen, is destined to make the history books.)

I used to respect the New York Times as one of the few readable mainstream newspapers until I read this sentence:

Samuel A. Alito Jr., who has been widely praised for his intellect and integrity but both admired and assailed for his conservative judicial philosophy, was sworn in today as the 110th justice in the history of the Supreme Court.

Widely praised. INTEGRITY? Do racism and sexism count as "integrity" so long as you stay consistent?

(I’m sorry. I didn’t hear anything past “New York Times” and “mainstream newspaper.”)

Roe is not safe, she is on the operating table. All those 5/4 votes to save parts of Roe are gone. Roe itself is still ok, but she will soon be missing an arm or a leg. Maybe if it is bad enough, she will be left brain dead on the table as an empty shell and the Republicans will use her to say that, "See she is still alive!"

(45 million dead babies and counting. Anyone who can write the above and see absolutely no irony probably SHOULDN’T reproduce.)

To every democratic senator who votes to confirm Alito.

I will use every tool available to me to drive you from office. I will take out ads, raise money for your opponent and generally make your pathetic, useless life, even more pathetic.

I will use the considerable resources I have available to me through my work connection and my liberal friends here on DU. I will use the considerable resources I have at my disposal to drive you from office in disgrace.

Hear my voice. Listen to me. You have taken money from me and from other democrats in your quest to win election and you are now turning your backs on us.

If you vote to confirm Alito, it will be our turn.

This is my vow. This is my promise. I will ensure your defeat.

(And on that terrifying note, I’m getting out of here before I have to testify in court.)

 
posted by Jessica at 12:33 PM | Permalink |